The Jindal School of Art and Architecture (JSAA) at OP Jindal Global University invites applications for the position of assistant professor who are willing to take on teaching and research assignments and are willing to join no later than early August 2022.
The JSAA is looking for applicants who have completed their undergraduate courses in a professionally accredited architectural program in India or their country of residence with a masters degree or higher degrees focusing on construction / project / property management.
Candidates should have expertise and interests in BIM research, construction law and contracts, negotiation, advanced project management, building systems planning, environmental assessment, supply chain, entrepreneurship, etc. They must be able to demonstrate sufficient experience in the design, development and evaluation of the entire range. management issues related to construction and the built environment. Applicants are expected to teach and develop undergraduate studios and seminars, while demonstrating a keen interest in course development from a multi/interdisciplinary perspective and contributing to research.
- Professionally accredited Bachelor of Architecture (or equivalent) and registration in India or their country of residence.
- Master’s degree in construction/project/real estate management or related fields.
- Professional and/or academic experience in the above fields (minimum 3-5 years)
- doctorate in relevant fields
- Prior education/industry experience is strongly preferred
- Flexible, integrative, collaborative and interdisciplinary approach to design education.
How to register
Interested candidates can send their applications to HR@JGU.EDU.INas well as the following additional documents by the 9and April 2022.
- Cover letter
- Current Curriculum Vitae with the names of at least three professional/academic references and their contact details.
- A teaching statement (no more than 250 words)
- A research statement (no more than 250 words)
- Sample of a proposed studio course related to scenic/decorative/installation/exhibition design
- Sample of 2 offered seminar courses related to set/interior/installation design
- Scholarly Writing Sample
- Digital portfolio (maximum 50 pages, 30MB size limit) that includes professional and academic work (if applicable)
Please send all credentials above mentioning the following subject line:
“Application for Assistant Professor – SPECIALIZATION ARCHITECTURE W. CONSTRUCTION / PROJECT / PROPERTY MANAGEMENT AT GRADUATE LEVEL »
About the school
Jindal School of Art and Architecture is founded with the vision of becoming one of the leading schools for learning visual, material and built environments. The school is committed to developing an academic environment that is intellectually rigorous, interdisciplinary, innovative and creative. The school follows internationally accepted best practices of academia and is supported by a renowned faculty. We believe in research and innovation excellence that foster interdisciplinary research across all academic programs, empowering students and faculty to actively engage in solving the most pressing problems facing our world today.
About the University
OP Jindal Global University (JGU) is an Indian university offering world-class education, located in the National Capital Region, Delhi (Sonipat), India. JGU is a vibrant intellectual community of over 8,000 students, over 900 faculty, and over 500 staff representing 41 countries in twelve multidisciplinary schools: law, business, international affairs, public policy, liberal arts and journalism, art and architecture, banking and finance, environment and sustainability, psychology and counselling, languages and literature and public health and human development. JGU is dedicated to promoting global learning through its global faculty, global programs, global collaborations, global research, and global programs. JGU is the youngest university to be ranked in the Top 3% Universities in the World and Top 150 Universities (Under 50) by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World Rankings 2021. JGU was ranked among the “Top 700 universities worldwide” in the QS World University Rankings 2021 and recognized as a “institution of eminenceby the Indian government.
JGU’s aspiration to become a world-class university is grounded in our commitment to promoting high-quality interdisciplinary research in a dynamic and plural environment, facilitated by a supportive governance and management structure, enabling policies and facilitating state-of-the-art infrastructure. . Pursuing a global research agenda is central to our goal of building a world-class institution of learning.